Redford Michigan 48239,48240
Redford is a charter township in Wayne County, Michigan with a population of 48, 362 residents at the 2010 US census. This western suburb of Detroit has a total land area of 11.2 square miles and sits in the middle branch of the River Rouge that flows out of the Lola Valley Park in the township. There are other several bodies of water running in and out of the township. The Ashcroft creek flows about half a mile in the southeastern corner of the town before visiting Rouge Park in Detroit. Another branch of the Rouge River, Tarabusi Creek flows from the Western Golf Club to Bell Creek Park.
The gubernatorial act organized Spring Wells Township and Bucklin Township on April 12, 1827. However, the US ruled that no two post offices should bear the same name as not to create confusion. The town shed off its Bucklin name when the township split on October 29, 1829. The eastern half was named as Pekin while the western half was named as Nankin Township due to the great influences of China at that time. In 1833, the southern half became Dearborn Township while Pekin changed its name to Redford. Named after the Indians pioneers within the River Rouge, Redford came from the French word ‘rouge’ or ‘red’.
Redford used to go all the way to Greenfield Road but the expanding Metropolitan Detroit annexed some of its eastern portions. The annexation stopped in 1926 when the Michigan government officially declared Redford as a charter. Its first ever post office was named as “Five Points” used to operate between 6 Mile Road and 7 Mile Road.
Redford Township 17th District Court
15111 Beech Daly, Redford Charter Twp, MI 48239, USA
Redford Police Department
25833 Elsinore St, Redford Charter Twp, MI 48239, USA
24820 Orangelawn, Redford Charter Twp, MI 48239, USA
Detroit Memorial Park
25200 Plymouth Rd, Redford Charter Twp, MI 48239, USA
Manning Park, Redford Charter Twp, MI 48239, USA
Paintings Made By Me
27505 Schoolcraft Rd, Livonia, MI 48150, USA
15322 Pomona Dr, Redford Charter Twp, MI 48239, USA
Bell Creek County Park
Redford Charter Twp, MI 48239, USA